Pharmacy Receptionist & Technician
Join our team of talented herbal enthusiasts and customer service pros in our bustling herbal pharmacy. We're looking for someone with some Western or Chinese medicine training, either a student or practitioner, who has high level administrative and customer service skills.
Hours: 24 hours per week minimum; must be available for Saturday shifts.
Reports to: Operations Director
To apply send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com
This role will support the front desk of our business and support practitioners, patients and customers by addressing health concerns and providing excellent customer service while attending carefully to the details of filling herbal prescriptions. Some lifting and physical activity required as the individual will train to be able to fill orders, but the primary scope of work will be administrative.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Main receptionist of all front desk inquiries; answering the phone, email correspondence, and placing orders and refills using our online custom formulation service
- Answering questions about herbs and natural health to our customers without making health claims
- Communicating with practitioners and their patients
- Filling custom compounds in tincture, raw herb, and granule forms (involves pouring from bottles that weigh up to 3 lbs each) and completing online, phone and curbside orders.
- Receiving and entering inventory
- Troubleshooting with practitioners that are using our online services
- Cleaning and tidying our shop and supporting your coworkers in keeping our staff break room and kitchen neat and clean.
- Operating the point of sale system, over the phone billing, preparing orders to ship ** Duties will include supporting customers with making purchases in person when our store front reopens.
- Stocking herbs, bottles, merchandise, etc.; may require lifting boxes weighing up to 30 lbs
- Supporting the Retail Manager with staging and basic up- keep of our shop.
- Set up & break down for occasional classes (setting out chairs, moving tables, supporting facilitator, greeting participants, fielding logistical questions, may involve lifting chairs weighing 8 lbs or tables up to 30 lbs) **N/A during COVID, but may transition to online class support
- Responsible and proactive team player
- Good communicator, strong common sense
- Comfortable conforming to and understanding the regulatory environment of dietary supplements
- Has strong ability to multi-task
- Cares deeply about plants and people
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Focused, invested with attention to detail
- Enjoys customer service
- Excited to consistently learn about herbs and natural health
Training, Background & Skills
- At least 1 year retail customer service or herbal pharmacy
- Experience with Western herbs and/ or Chinese herbs/formulas, including familiarity with botanical terms, Latin nomenclature, and pin yin
- Broad experience with supplements and nutrition
- Strong administrative skills. High level of knowledge in Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and general computer know-how
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
- Clinical herbal experience/ Herbal career focused
- Bachelor's degree
- College-level coursework in mathematics, general biology, botany, anatomy & physiology
Spanish or Chinese language skills are a plus
If any of the following would be a challenge for you, this job is not a good fit:
- Becoming quickly familiar with our diverse inventory of herbs and supplements
- Handling multiple tasks concurrently
- Following systems precisely
- Maintaining a clean workspace and personal composure even while very busy
- Interacting with diverse clients and staff members in a respectful and kind manner
- Presentable attire
- Being self-directed and motivated, able to work independently
- Being able to stand and work quickly for your entire shift