Pharmacy Technician & Retail Associate
Join our team of talented herbal enthusiasts and customer service pros in our bustling herbal pharmacy. We're looking for someone with Western or Chinese medicine training, either a student or practitioner, who has exceptional organizational and customer service skills.
Hours: 32-40 hours per week; must be available for Saturday shifts.
To apply send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to info@fiveflavorsherbs
This role will support practitioners, patients and customers by providing excellent customer service while attending carefully to the details of filling herbal prescriptions. Some lifting and physical activity required.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Receptionist for pharmacy inquiries; answering the phone, handling emails, and placing orders and refills using our online custom formulation service
- Answering questions about herbs and natural health to our customers without making health claims
- Communicating with practitioners and their patients
- Filling custom compounds in tincture, raw herb, and granule forms (involves pouring from bottles that weigh up to 3 lbs each).
- Cleaning and tidying our shop and supporting your coworkers in keeping our staff break room and kitchen neat and clean.
- Operating the point of sale system and phone orders
- Receiving inventory and stocking herbs, bottles, merchandise, etc.; may require lifting boxes weighing up to 30 lbs
- Supporting the Retail Buyer with staging and basic up- keep of our shop.
- Set up & break down for occasional classes (setting out chairs, moving tables, supporting facilitator, greeting participants, fielding logistical questions, may involve lifting chairs weighing 8 lbs or tables up to 30 lbs)
- Responsible and proactive team player
- Good communicator, strong common sense
- Comfortable conforming to and understanding the regulatory environment of dietary supplements and HIPAA privacy laws
- Has strong ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Focused, invested with attention to detail
- Enjoys customer service
- Excited to consistently learn about herbs and natural health
Training, Background & Skills
- At least 1 year retail customer service or herbal pharmacy
- Experience with Western herbs and/ or Chinese herbs/formulas, including familiarity with botanical terms, Latin nomenclature, and pin yin
- Broad experience with supplements and nutrition
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn how to use new software systems
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Clinical herbal experience/ Herbal career focused
- Bachelor's degree
- Spanish and/or Chinese language skills are a plus